DRDO Scientist B ME Syllabus 2022 – 162 Vacancies – Download Scientist B Syllabus PDF @ rac.gov.in
Latest DRDO Scientist B ME Syllabus 2022 – Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO), Recruitment & Assessment Centre (RAC) has released written examination syllabus for the recruitment of Scientist B post. DRDO RAC has released notification for thisa recruitment and announced 162 vacancies for the Scientist B (Mechanical Engineering). Candidates who have applied for the Scientist B Recruitment may download the Written Exam syllabus from the DRDO RAC official website (rac.gov.in). Candidates can also download the exam syllabus and pattern from the link given below.
DRDO RAC will announce exam date for this recruitment soon. DRDO Recruitment Selection process involves Written Examination and Personal Interview. The Written Examination comprises questions from the subjects of Fluid Mechanics, Thermodynamics and Heat transfer, IC Engines, Refrigeration and Air conditioning, Turbo Machinery, Power Plant Engineering, Renewable Sources of Energy, Engineering Mechanics, Engineering Material, Mechanisms and Machines, Design of Machine Elements, Manufacturing ,Industrial and Maintenance Engineering and Mechatronics and Robotics.
Important details of DRDO Scientist B ME Syllabus
DRDO Scientist B ME Paper-I Syllabus:-
- Fluid Mechanics – Basic Concepts and Properties of Fluids, Manometry, Fluid Statics, Buoyancy, Equations of Motion, Bernoulli’s equation and applications, Viscous flow of in-compressible fluids, Laminar and Turbulent flows, Flow through pipes and head losses in pipes.
- Thermodynamics and Heat transfer – Thermodynamic systems and processes; properties of pure substance; Zeroth, First and Second Laws of Thermodynamics; Entropy, Irreversibility and availability; analysis of thermodynamic cycles related to energy conversion: Rankine, Otto, Diesel and Dual Cycles; ideal and real gases; compressibility factor; Gas mixture. Modes of heat transfer, Steady and unsteady heat conduction, Thermal resistance, Fins, Free and forced convection, Correlations for convective heat transfer, Radiative heat transfer – Radiation heat transfer co-efficient; boiling and condensation, Heat exchanger performance analysis
- IC Engines, Refrigeration and Air conditioning – SI and CI Engines, Engine Systems and Components, Performance characteristics and testing of IC Engines; Fuels; Emissions and Emission Control. Vapour compression refrigeration, Refrigerants and Working cycles, Compressors, Condensers, Evaporators and Expansion devices, Other types of refrigeration systems like Vapour Absorption, Vapour jet, thermo electric and Vortex tube refrigeration.
- Turbo Machinery – Reciprocating and Rotary pumps, Pelton wheel, Kaplan and Francis Turbines, velocity diagrams, Impulse and Reaction principles, Steam and Gas Turbines, Theory of Jet Propulsion – Pulse jet and Ram Jet Engines, Reciprocating and Rotary Compressors – Theory and Applications .
- Power Plant Engineering – Rankine and Brayton cycles with regeneration and reheat, Fuels and their properties, Flue gas analysis, Boilers, steam turbines and other power plant components like condensers, air ejectors, electrostatic precipitators and cooling towers – their theory and design, types and applications.
- Renewable Sources of Energy – Solar Radiation, Solar Thermal Energy collection – Flat Plate and focusing collectors their materials and performance. Solar Thermal Energy Storage, Applications – heating, cooling and Power Generation; Solar Photovoltaic Conversion; Harnessing of Wind Energy, Bio-mass and Tidal Energy – Methods and Applications, Working principles of Fuel Cells.
DRDO Scientist B ME Paper-II Syllabus:-
- Engineering Mechanics – Analysis of System of Forces, Friction, Centroid and Centre of Gravity, Dynamics; Stresses and Strains-Compound Stresses and Strains, Bending Moment and Shear Force Diagrams, Theory of Bending Stresses- Slope and deflection-Torsion, Thin and thick Cylinders, Spheres.
- Engineering Materials – Basic Crystallography, Alloys and Phase diagrams, Heat Treatment, Ferrous and Non Ferrous Metals, Non metallic materials, Basics of Nano-materials, Mechanical Properties and Testing, Corrosion prevention and control.
- Mechanisms and Machines – Types of Kinematics Pair, Mobility, Inversions, Kinematic Analysis, Velocity and Acceleration Analysis of Planar Mechanisms, CAMs with uniform acceleration and retardation, cycloidal motion, oscillating followers; Vibrations –Free and forced vibration of undamped and damped SDOF systems, Transmissibility Ratio, Vibration Isolation, Critical Speed of Shafts. Gears – Geometry of tooth profiles, Law of gearing, Involute profile, Interference, Helical, Spiral and Worm Gears, Gear Trains- Simple, compound and Epicyclic; Dynamic Analysis – Slider – crank mechanisms, turning moment computations, balancing of Revolving & Reciprocating masses, Gyroscopes –Effect of Gyroscopic couple on automobiles, ships and aircrafts, Governors.
- Design of Machine Elements – Design for static and dynamic loading; failure theories; fatigue strength and the S-N diagram; principles of the design of machine elements such as riveted, welded and bolted joints. Shafts, Spur gears, rolling and sliding contact bearings, Brakes and clutches, flywheels.
- Manufacturing ,Industrial and Maintenance Engineering – Metal casting-Metal forming, Metal Joining, Machining and machine tool operations, Limits, fits and tolerances, Metrology and inspection, computer Integrated manufacturing, FMS, Production planning and Control, Inventory control and operations research – CPM-PERT. Failure concepts and characteristics-Reliability, Failure analysis, Machine Vibration, Data acquisition, Fault Detection, Vibration Monitoring, Field Balancing of Rotors, Noise Monitoring, Wear and Debris Analysis, Signature Analysis, NDT Techniques in Condition Monitoring.
- Mechatronics and Robotics – Microprocessors and Microcontrollers: Architecture, programming, I/O, Computer interfacing, Programmable logic controller. Sensors and actuators, Piezoelectric accelerometer, Hall effect sensor, Optical Encoder, Resolver, Inductosyn, Pneumatic and Hydraulic actuators, stepper motor, Control Systems- Mathematical modeling of Physical systems, control signals, controllability and observability. Robotics, Robot Classification, Robot Specification, notation; Direct and Inverse Kinematics; Homogeneous Coordinates and Arm Equation of four Axis SCARA Robot.
Note – Check detailed exam syllabus in DRDO RAC Syllabus Official Notification.
Steps to download DRDO Scientist B ME Syllabus 2022
- Logon to DRDO RAC official website and then locate Recruitment page.
- In Recruitment, find notification for above said post.
- Read the advertisement carefully and check your eligibility.
- Candidates who have applied for the recruitment may download the exam pattern & Syllabus.
- Exam pattern and syllabus is available in the notification.
- Read the syllabus and prepare well for the exam.
|Organization||Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO), Recruitment & Assessment Centre (RAC)|
|Position||Scientist B (Mechanical Engineering)|
|Exam Pattern & Syllabus Link||<<Download>>
|Exam Notification||<<Click Here>>
- Find upcoming DRDO RAC Exam Syllabus notifications @ Recruitment Reader. For more details regarding RAC Exam Syllabus 2022 logon to rac.gov.in. The information given above is based on the RAC official advertisement. Here we have given short summary of official notification and necessary links to access official site. Keep check this site to get upcoming and latest employment notifications of public, private and government sectors.