UPSC NDA & NA (II) Exam Syllabus 2022 – 400 Vacancies – Exam date: 04.09.2022 – Download Exam Pattern & Syllabus PDF @ upsc.gov.in
Latest UPSC NDA & NA (II) Exam Syllabus 2022 PDF – Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released exam pattern/ scheme and syllabus for National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination (II) for the year 2022. UPSC has invited online application from eligible candidates for the NDA & NA 2 Exam 2022. UPSC has announced 400 vacancies for this recruitment. Candidates who have applied for the examination may download exam pattern and syllabus in the form of PDF from UPSC official website (upsc.gov.in). Candidates can also download the exam syllabus from the link given below at the table.
UPSC has announced date for NDA & NA (II) Examination 2022. As per the announcement, UPSC will conduct the examination on 04.09.2022. National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination (II) Selection process involves Written Examination and SSB Interview. Written Examination consists of two papers, Paper-1 and Paper-2. Paper-1 comprises questions from the subject of Mathematics. Paper-2 (General Ability Test) comprises question from the subject of English, General Knowledge, Physics, Chemistry, General Science, History & Freedom Movement, Geography and Current Events.
Important details of UPSC NDA & NA (II) Exam Syllabus 2022
Written Test Pattern:-
- Objective Type Test (Multiple Choice Questions).
- Bilingual (Hindi & English)
- Mathematics – 300 Marks – 150 Minutes (2 Hours and 30 Minutes).
- Objective Type Test (Multiple Choice Questions).
- Bilingual (Hindi & English)
- General Ability Test – 600 Marks – 150 Minutes (2 Hours and 30 Minutes).
|Paper-1 Mathematics||300/ 150 Mins
|Paper-2 General Ability Test||600/ 150 Mins
Note:- Check detailed exam pattern in the official notification.
Written Test Syllabus:-
- Paper-1 (Mathematics)
- ALGEBRA – Concept of set, operations on sets, Venn diagrams. De Morgan laws, Cartesian product, relation, equivalence relation. Representation of real numbers on a line. Complex numbers—basic properties, modulus, argument, cube roots of unity. Binary system of numbers. Conversion of a number in decimal system to binary system and vice-versa, etc.
- MATRICES AND DETERMINANTS – Types of matrices, operations on matrices. Determinant of a matrix, basic properties of determinants. Adjoint and inverse of a square matrix, Applications-Solution of a system of linear equations in two or three unknowns by Cramer’s rule and by Matrix Method.
- TRIGONOMETRY – Angles and their measures in degrees and in radians. Trigonometrical ratios. Trigonometric identities Sum and difference formulae. Multiple and Sub-multiple angles. Inverse trigonometric functions. Applications-Height and distance, properties of triangles.
- ANALYTICAL GEOMETRY OF TWO AND THREE DIMENSIONS – Rectangular Cartesian Coordinate system. Distance formula. Equation of a line in various forms. Angle between two lines. Distance of a point from a line. Equation of a circle in standard and in general form. Standard forms of parabola, ellipse and hyperbola. Eccentricity and axis of a conic, etc.
- DIFFERENTIAL CALCULUS – Concept of a real valued function–domain, range and graph of a function. Composite functions, one to one, onto and
inverse functions. Notion of limit, Standard limits—examples. Continuity of functions—examples, algebraic operations on continuous functions. Derivative of function at a point, geometrical and physical interpretation of a derivative—applications, etc.
- INTEGRAL CALCULUS AND DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS – Integration as inverse of differentiation, integration by substitution and by parts, standard integrals involving algebraic expressions, trigonometric, exponential and hyperbolic functions. Evaluation of definite integrals—determination of areas of plane regions bounded by curves—applications. Definition of order and degree of a differential equation, etc.
- VECTOR ALGEBRA – Vectors in two and three dimensions, magnitude and direction of a vector. Unit and null vectors, addition of vectors, scalar multiplication of a vector, scalar product or dot product of two vectors. Vector product or cross product of two vectors. Applications—work done by a force and moment of a force and in geometrical problems.
- STATISTICS AND PROBABILITY
- Statistics : Classification of data, Frequency distribution, cumulative frequency distribution—examples. Graphical representation—Histogram, Pie Chart, frequency polygon—examples. Measures of Central tendency—Mean, median and mode, etc.
- Probability: Random experiment, outcomes and associated sample space, events, mutually exclusive and exhaustive events, impossible and certain events. Union and Intersection of events. Complementary, elementary and composite events, etc.
Note:- Check detailed Paper-1 exam syllabus in the official notification.
- Paper-2 (General Ability Test)
- Part ‘A’—ENGLISH – The question paper in English will be designed to test the candidate’s understanding of English and workman like use of words. The syllabus covers various aspects like : Grammar and usage, vocabulary, comprehension and cohesion in extended text to test the candidate’s proficiency in English.
- Part ‘B’—GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
- Physics – Physical Properties and States of Matter, Mass, Weight, Volume, Density and Specific Gravity, Principle of Archimedes, Pressure Barometer. Motion of objects, Velocity and Acceleration, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Force and Momentum, Parallelogram of Forces, Stability and Equilibrium of bodies, Gravitation, elementary ideas of work, Power and Energy. Effects of Heat, etc.
- Chemistry – Physical and Chemical changes. Elements, Mixtures and Compounds, Symbols, Formulae and simple Chemical Equations, Law of Chemical Combination (excluding problems). Properties of Air and Water. Preparation and Properties of Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen and Carbondioxide, Oxidation and Reduction, etc.
- General Science – Difference between the living and non-living. Basis of Life—Cells, Protoplasms and Tissues. Growth and Reproduction in Plants and Animals. Elementary knowledge of Human Body and its important organs. Common Epidemics, their causes and prevention. Food—Source of Energy for man. Constituents of food, Balanced Diet. The Solar System—Meteors and Comets, Eclipses. Achievements of Eminent Scientists.
- History, Freedom Movement etc. – A broad survey of Indian History, with emphasis on Culture and Civilisation. Freedom Movement in India. Elementary study of Indian Constitution and Administration. Elementary knowledge of Five Year Plans of India. Panchayati Raj, Co-operatives and Community Development. Bhoodan, Sarvodaya, National Integration and Welfare State, etc.
- Geography – The Earth, its shape and size. Lattitudes and Longitudes, Concept of time. International Date Line. Movements of Earth and their effects. Origin of Earth. Rocks and their classification; Weathering—Mechanical and Chemical, Earthquakes and Volcanoes. Ocean Currents and Tides Atmosphere and its composition; Temperature and Atmospheric Pressure, Planetary Winds, etc.
- Current Events – Knowledge of Important events that have happened in India in the recent years. Current important world events. Prominent personalities—both Indian and International including those connected with cultural activities and sports.
Note:- The Syllabus given above is based on UPSC NDA & NA (II) Official Syllabus. For more details check UPSC Official website.
Steps to download UPSC NDA & NA (II) Exam Pattern & Syllabus 2022 PDF
- Logon to UPSC official website and then find notification.
- Read the advertisement carefully and check your eligibility.
- If you are eligible then apply online for the recruitment.
- Candidates who have applied for the recruitment may download the exam pattern & Syllabus.
- Exam pattern and syllabus is available in the notification.
- Read the syllabus and prepare for the exam well.
|Organization||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Examination||National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination (II)|
|Exam Notification||<<Click Here>>
- Find upcoming UPSC NDA & NA (II) Exam notifications @ Recruitment Reader. For more details regarding UPSC NDA & NA (II) Exam Syllabus 2022 logon to Join UPSC official site. Here we have given short summary of official notification and necessary links to access official site. Make use of these links to land on correct page or website. Keep check this site to get upcoming and latest employment notifications of public, private and government sectors.